Last Updated: October 5, 2020
There was a time when Adobe Flash Player was the most important plug-in for playing videos and audios. Still it’s used to play some media files on the internet. But now, most browsers have them blocked by default. So, you’ll need to unblock adobe flash player to enjoy flash content on the internet.
What is Adobe Flash Player?
Flash Player is labeled as Shockwave Flash in the old era of internet browsers. Adobe Flash Player is a computer software which is used to display multimedia content on the web browsers. It can run SWF files which are usually created in Adobe Flash Professional, Adobe Flash Builder and other third party application.
You can create vector graphics, 3D graphics, audio, video and other multimedia files like ActionScript in these programs and embed them on the browser to display a particular content. The Flash Players has a large number of users and is widely used to play online games, animations and GUI elements which are embedded on the webpage.
Sadly, Adobe Flash Player will be completely removed on December 31, 2020 from all the browsers on the internet. Resource
How to Enable Adobe Flash Player?
Every browser has their own interface, features and settings. So, the method to enable adobe flash player in your browsers is most likely the same. But, each browser has a different way to manage the plug-in. That’s why we have our separate guide on each browser one by one.
How to Unblock Adobe Flash Player in Chrome? (Short-Guide)
There are a few steps which will let you unblock flash player in your chrome browser. Follow the simple guide below.
- Go to the Privacy Settings of your chrome browser by just clicking on the vertical dots on the side, or you can simply write chrome://settings/content/flash in your URL bar.
- There you have an option called Block sites from running Flash (recommended), Enable it and now you can choose whether you want to run flash on a specific website or not. Just Allow the permission on that site and you’re good to go.
How to Unblock Adobe Flash Player on Chrome? (Detailed-Guide)
- Open your Google Chrome Browser
- At the Top Right Corner, you’ll see three vertical dots.
- Click on the icon, and choose “Settings”.
- Under the Privacy and Security Setting, select “Site Settings” option.
- After scrolling a bit you’ll see there an option called “Flash”.
- Now turn on the option “Block sites from running Flash (recommended)”
- After clicking it will be changed to “Ask First”
- Now if there is a flash on that website, it will ask you and you can allow it to use the flash.
- Just allow it and you’re good to go.
How to Unblock Adobe Flash Player in Windows 10 Edge?
- Open your Edge Browser
- Write “edge://settings/content/flash” in your address bar.
- And turn on the option “Ask before running Flash (recommended turned off)”
- Now you can play flash media files on any webpage.
How to Unblock Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer?
- Open your Internet Explorer Browser
- You’ll see a gear button under the top right corner.
- Click on it and choose “Manage Add-ons”
- In the dialogue box, select “Toolbar & Extensions”
- Find “Shockwave Flash” by scrolling down in the list.
- Just enable it, if it’s disabled.
- Enjoy! You’re good to go.
How to Unblock Adobe Flash Player in Mozilla Firefox?
- Open your Mozilla Firefox Browser
- On the top right corner, there are three horizontal bars.
- Click on that option.
- Under the dropdown, Select “Add-ons”. (You can simply press Ctrl+Shift+A to open Add-ons)
- Find Shockwave Flash from the list.
- Under the option menu, select allow option and you’re done.
How to Unblock Adobe Flash Player in MAC (Safari)?
- First step is to open your browser.
- Find the gear option from the top menu, and select Preferences option.
- From the dialogue, select the Security option.
- Now click on the Manage Website Setting option from the dialogue box.
- Then allow the Adobe Flash Player option.
- Enjoy any flash media on webpage.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is it safe to unblock Adobe Flash Player?
Adobe Flash Player is a plugin used in browsers to run games and other multimedia files. Because it’s a relatively old plugin, it might contain some vulnerabilities to some threats like viruses. Most browsers have it blocked due to security reasons. If you keep your Adobe Flash Player up-to-date, then it’s safe to enable flash player in your browsers.
Why is Adobe Flash Player Blocked?
In the past, Flash Player is used to run most of the games, videos and other multimedia files on the webpages. Adobe Flash Player is blocked in most browsers due to security reason, because older version of flash contains vulnerabilities to online treats.
Another reason to block flash player is, it used to display the content on desktop devices, it isn’t very good at displaying content on mobile devices, like smartphones, and tablets. Some browsers like Safari on iOS can’t display flash player content.
Why is Flash Player Going Away?
Adobe Flash Player has been in the market for a long time. It was once the most popular flash player over the internet. Now, old versions of flash player have security issues, that might infect your computer with online threats and viruses. That’s the reason most browsers have it blocked.
After so many years, flash player is still being used to display content like flash games on webpages. You can enable flash player in your browser by following the steps above explained in this post. Reading this post, we assure you’ll be able to unblock adobe flash player in your browser. There’s a guide for each specific browser which will make your steps easier to unblock flash player in your browser.