Snapchat is a popular messaging app that lets users send photos and videos to their friends and family members. The app is only available for Android and iOS devices. However, what if you only use your laptop all the time, and you don’t have time to use Snapchat on your phone? You’d like to know How to Use Snapchat on Windows, don’t you? Let’s find out.
The Snapchat application is only available on iOS and Android platforms. Thus, many people are interested in using it on Windows and Mac, but the official release for pc is unavailable. Fortunately, emulators stepped in and made it easy to use any android app on your pc or laptop.
But, the bad news is, Snapchat releases an update which doesn’t allow you to login on an emulator! So we have some alternatives for that too!!!
In this article, we will share the step-by-step guide for you to use Snapchat on PC. Keep reading!
Why is Snapchat So Popular?
Snapchat allows its users to customize their photos and videos however they please, right in the app. Users don’t need to install any photo editing app like PicsArt or any Video Editor to edit their stories. As well as using the emoji keyboard on the phone, you can add text, use filters, and use geofilters. Along with all these amazing features, you can also play games, discover new news and entertainment, take quizzes, and edit photos and videos on Snapchat besides connecting with friends.
Snapchat introduced a new filter that turns the person’s focus into an animal or adds fun accessories to their profile. If you’ve ever used Snapchat, then you’re familiar with it. The company’s focus on privacy is one of the biggest reasons for its success.
Snapchat introduced its Snapcash feature back in November 2014, in which you can send money to your friends through private messaging. Sending money to your friends has never been easier or more fun than with Snapcash. Your debit card enables you to safely deposit money into the bank account connected to your card.
How to Use Snapchat on PC?
Throughout this article, we’ll discuss three different methods of using Snapchat. Now without further ado, let’s begin:
- Snapchat with Web
- Snapchat on Emulator
- Snapchat on Windows 11
Use Snapchat on PC via Web
Snapchat Web is a computer-based extension of the Snapchat account on your phone. It allows you to use your Snapchat account on your Laptop without installing any third-party software. The Web version doesn’t allow you to use the features of Snapchat as you use in your phone. You are just allowed to view the account page and able to change your account information.
The Snapchat Web application can be accessed using any web browser. I recommend that you use Opera because it won’t eat your ram like chrome does. This allows you to open multiple tabs simultaneously. You can also organize your tabs into workspaces in Opera.
Furthermore, if you are a digital marketer, or a company owner, the Web Version is extremely useful. You can create and manage ads to promote your business. Also, the web version has a slightly easier user interface.
Follow the below steps to Log in to your Snapchat account using Snapchat Web:
- Go to the Snapchat accounts page.
- Here you see the Login Page.
- Enter your username and password, and that’s all.
- After login, you can use Snapchat on your Laptop without any Emulator.
Use Snapchat on PC via Emulator
To ensure enjoying all the features of Snapchat on PC, we would have to use an emulator. Bluestack is the only option because it’s lightweight and offers you faster speed than other Emulators. BlueStacks 4 is, without doubt, one of the well-known and most reliable Android emulators for Windows.The following is the step-by-step process for downloading and installing Snapchat for Windows using the BlueStacks 4 emulator.
- Download the Bluestacks 4 emulator from the official site and install the .exe file on your computer.
- After that, open Bluestacks and sign in with your Google Account.
- Now move to the Google PlayStore and search for the “Snapchat” app.
- Click on Install Button to start installing it on your PC.
- Go to the home screen and double-click on the Snapchat icon to instantly open it. Those with existing accounts may ‘Login.’ Otherwise, you can create an account by clicking on ‘Sign Up. The app is now ready for you to use.
Last but not least, you can install Snapchat on an iMac or Macbook by using the Bluestacks Emulator 4.
Fixing: Bluestacks Snapchat Not Working
Sometimes, when using this method to use Snapchat on PC, it’s possible to get some errors. If you are using an older version of Emulator, then it’s possible to get some errors while using Snapchat. Moreover, Snapchat also made some changes to stop the user from installing and using the Snapchat emulator. To get rid of these problems, you can try some of the solutions given below:
- This issue mostly comes with installing the latest version of Snapchat. For this reason, I recommend you try the older version. You can download from any website like Apkpure, Apkmody, and many more for free. Just download the apk file and drag it on Bluestacks to install it.
- Another solution is to use the Beta version of Snapchat. Go to Settings and click on ‘Advanced.’ Then click on ‘Join Snapchat Beta’ to start using it. Moreover, you can also download the apk file of the Beta version from the APK Mirror site and install it on your Emulator by drag and drop.
- You can also use the Casper application to use Snapchat on the Emulator safely. Snapchat won’t see your Emulator, and you don’t have to worry about apparent restrictions. You can download this application in the Emulator from Google PlayStore. After installing, open the Casper app, and start using Snapchat from it. I believe it will work.
Moreover, if you still have any issues using Snapchat on Bluestack Emulator, you can also try the following step. I hope it works for you.
- Open the Search Bar on your PC and search for appwiz.cpl. It will lead you to the uninstallation section of the control panel.
- From here, you need to look for a Bluestack player and uninstall it from your PC.
- After that, restart your PC, and delete any of the remaining files of this program. Make sure to delete all the files from the Recycle Bin too.
- Now download the latest version of Bluestack from their official website and again follow the above steps carefully.
Alternative Emulators to Bluestacks
No doubt Bluestack is one of the best software to run Android games and apps on your PC. But still, it has some flaws which force people to look for other alternatives. If you are still facing any issue while using Snapchat on Bluestack, you can also use the emulators listed below:
Nox App Player
Nox App Player for PC is an Android emulator that allows users to run their favorite apps and games on their PC. It offers a smooth gaming experience as well as keyword mapping capabilities. With over 150 million users in over 150 countries and 20 languages, it is a global phenomenon. You can use it to download Snapchat by following the same procedure on your PC.
There were no crashes reported during testing because Nox App Player is regularly updated. Furthermore, it supports a wide variety of games and apps, including popular new titles.
MEmu App Player is designed to make playing Android games and using apps on Windows more convenient. The program is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows. You can install Snapchat on your PC by using it. It’s free and updated regularly to free their program from bugs and crashes.
This software is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
Can I use Snapchat on PC with Windows 11?
Microsoft launched its next-gen Windows operating system on June 24 this year, which comes with many exciting features. There are a lot of changes in the taskbar area; the apps are now centered. Additionally, the app tray looks cleaner now that Windows has a square logo. Moreover, Microsoft engineers say it’s possible to sideload Android apps on Windows 11. So now you don’t need to use Emulator or other alternatives to use Snapchat on PC.
You can use Amazon AppStore to download your favorite apps on your PC. But Amazon AppStore has 500,000 apps while you get 3.5 million on the Google PlayStore, making a huge difference. And after doing some research, I realized that Snapchat is now not available on Amazon Store, which makes me sad. But don’t worry, maybe they add Snapchat to their store soon and make it downloadable for everyone.
Furthermore, don’t be Sad; you still have an alternative method to use Snapchat on Windows easily. Try them out!
We hope you are familiar with How to Use Snapchat on Windows using any of the methods presented above. Additionally, if your Mac, Windows PC, or MacBook has a webcam, you can send snapshots.
Any difficulties you face or experiences you would like to share, don’t be afraid to share below! Until then, happy snapping!